Monday, May 4, 2009

My Beat Topic

My beat is service performed by groups on the University of Maine at Orono campus, specifically, Alpha Delta: UMaine's only service fraternity. Collaborating in many projects with the Alpha Delta brothers are the members of their sister sorority, Gamma Sigma Sigma, of which I am a sister. So as to remain unbiased and objective, I will keep my focus mainly on projects completed by the Alpha Delta brothers. Service to the community is something that is very important to me; I have for a long time performed community service, and enjoy the feeling of fulfillment that comes from giving something back to the community. It is for this reason that I admire and follow the actions of the brothers of Alpha Delta and will be chronicling some of the projects that they are working on this semester.

No comments:

Post a Comment